What is PXT Select™?
- PXT Select™ makes the very human decisions about hiring simpler and smarter.
- PXT Select™ helps fill the gap between the resume and the interview. It provides organizations with actionable objective data about candidates in a simple to understand format that can help you to interview better and hire smarter.
- It is an online selection assessment that measures a candidate's cognitive abilities, behaviors, and interests.
- Assessment results equip organizations and hiring managers with easy to understand information about the candidate, and provides intuitive questions to strengthen the interview process.
- PXT Select™ measures a candidate's thinking style, behaviors, and interests: three areas that impact an individual's approach to situations in the workplace.
PXT Select™ Non-Cognitive:
You want to hire and develop the right employees for each position—employees that fit their roles and that have the right skills and traits to get the job done. And while you need objective, reliable, and accurate data to make smart talent decisions, you also need flexibility in determining which skills and traits to measure for predicting future job success.
That's why we developed the PXT Select™ Non-Cognitive assessment. With our newest assessment, managers can choose to focus on evaluating Job-Person Fit based on soft skills and cultural fit while benefiting from the same scientific rigor that the full PXT Select assessment is known for.
The PXT Select Non-Cognitive assessment measures Behavioral Traits and Interests. As the name suggests, it doesn't measure Cognitive Ability. As a result, it is shorter and simpler compared to the full version of the PXT Select assessment.
What reports are available with PXT Select™ and PXT Select™ Non-Cognitive?
PXT Select's suite of reports helps organizations to select, onboard, coach and develop employees.
PXT Select™ offers the following reports:
Comprehensive Selection Report
- Is the candidate a good fit? This powerful report helps you make smarter hiring decisions with confidence. Featuring tailored interview questions and tips on "what to listen for" with each candidate, this report gives you a meaningful edge in your hiring process.
Multiple Positions Report
What's the best fit for an individual? Compare a candidate or employee to multiple jobs in your organization.
Multiple Candidates Report
- Make hiring decisions with ease. Compare multiple candidates for a single position.
- See how a potential candidate fits an existing team, or address your current team's dynamic and strengths.
- Discover how a manager and employee can work more effectively together.
Individual's Feedback Report
- Candidates can learn from PXT Select™, too! This narrative report doesn't reveal scores and is perfectly safe to share with applicants.
- Are you more of a visual person? The graph illustrates a candidate's results that you can view at a glance.
- Wish you had coaching advice tailored to each employee? This report gives you exactly that and more!
Coaching Report: Sales
- This report provides tailored coaching guidance giving managers personalized tips and strategies to develop their sales team members.
Performance Model Report
- Understand the range of scores and behaviors for the position you're trying to fill. Learn about the ideal candidate for that role.
PXT Select - Sales Reports
- PXT Select™ has expanded its offering to include a suite of sales-focused selection and development reports tailored to help organizations hire and retain top sales talent.
- The PXT Select Sales Reports focus on a candidate's approach to the following critical sales practices: prospecting, initiating contact, building and maintaining relationships, closing the sale, self-starting, resourcefulness, coachability, and working with a team.
- Combined with the entire PXT Select suite, the sales reports provide powerful insights to identify and develop sales talent, creating a rich experience for both salespeople and their employers.
PXT Select – Leadership Report
Great for hiring but also for leadership development, this report illustrates how an individual's personal characteristics,
strengths and challenges relate to six distinct leadership skills relevant in today's workplace.
- The Leadership Report provides invaluable insight into a candidate's leadership potential and their approach to meeting leadership challenges.
- It helps hiring managers understand how a candidate leads by giving insight into how an individual's cognitive, behavioral traits, and interests, in relation to six essential leadership skills, can affect their potential as a leader.
- The information in the Leadership Report outlines how best to capitalize on the candidate's strengths and where to focus personal leadership development efforts.
Is There a PXT Select™ Certification?
PXT Select™ Expert Practitioner Certification gives you the content expertise and strategies you need to become
an expert on how to implement this powerful tool in your workplace. Accessible from computer or tablet, this online program
gives you the flexibility of self-paced learning paired with a live, virtual classroom experience that is engaging and
immediately applicable in your workplace. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive the credential of
PXT Select™ Certified Practitioner.
What is an XT/Select Meter?
An XT/Select Meter is the unit used when a PXT Select™ assessment is scored. Clients may send assessment invitations to candidates, but XT/Select Meters are only used when assessment are scored. For example, a client sends 20 assessment invitations to potential candidates, but only wants to look at the reports for 5 of the candidates; therefore, only 5 XT/Select Meters were consumed. To run the reports that include more than one person, an XT/Select Meter is required for each individual in the report.
What is a Performance Model?
In general, a Performance Model is a template to which you compare your job candidates. It is a snapshot of the preferred traits for a given job. For example, some jobs require a more urgent pace vs. a steadier pace. There are 3 different ways you can create a Performance Model:
- Library Performance Model: PXT Select™ has an expanding library of Performance Models, and you can select a model. (This is the recommended method.)
- Job Analysis Survey (JAS): This survey asks what is required for success in a position. Stakeholders in the organization with knowledge of the position should complete the JAS. The results are used to customize the Performance Model (PM).
- Concurrent Study: Use assessment results from successful employees to build a new model. This can be used alone or in combination with other methods.
What is Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT)?
PXT Select™ uses computer adaptive testing which means the assessment adjusts as the candidate answers the questions, selecting the next question based on his or her previous response. Therefore, each person's assessment questions will vary.
What are the benefits of CAT?
Computer adaptive testing is the most up-to-date testing technology. CAT uses fewer questions and results in increased precision. Some candidates may experience a shorter test-taking time.
How is PXT Select™ is validated?
PXT Select™ is validated with best practices in psychometrics making it appropriate to use as part of the candidate selection and placement process. PXT Select™ follows the U.S. Department of Labor guidelines. Therefore, you can feel confident using PXT Select™ results and report information without hesitation. It should account for no more than one-third of the hiring and placement decision.