Michael founded TRAINING SOLUTIONS, Inc. in 1995. With almost 40 years of business management
and HR/training experience, Michael offers a variety of skills and expertise to clients. He has
facilitated many people skills training programs throughout the country for a wide variety of
clients, from large corporations to small-midsize companies to nonprofits to universities. Many
of his sessions focus on behaviors/attitudes, customer service, sales, leadership, management
development and team building. Michael has earned the Everything DiSC certification as well as
the Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team certification. Michael also provides in-depth executive
coaching services to management and executive level staff. His coaching program includes a
360-degree feedback process.
Michael is a highly respected speaker and advisor on the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity
Act and related publicly-funded workforce funding programs. He currently serves as an advisor
to the Association for Talent Development (ATD), formerly ASTD, on public policy issues. He
served on Former Virginia Governor Warner’s State Workforce Council and also sat on its executive
committee. He has spoken at numerous workforce events, national and local conferences and provides
consulting services to organizations looking to access public workforce training dollars available.
Michael has served on many business, community and governmental boards and commissions and currently is:
- Board Member, Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce (previously Fairfax County Chamber)
- Member of the Executive Circle of Northern Virginia Technology Council.
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce
- Advisor, Public Policy, Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Chairman, Board of Directors, Bite Me Cancer® Foundation
- Member, TechPAC Board for the Northern Virginia Technology Council
- Member, Board of Visitors of Marymount University
- Public Policy Council of the Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Class Trainer for Leadership Fairfax and Leadership Arlington.
Michael was the founding co-chair of the HR Leadership Awards of the Greater Washington Area, and he is a member of
the Leadership Fairfax Class of 1998.
He is a former member of:
- 2009/2010 ASTD International Conference Program Planning Team
- The Board and Executive Committee of the Virginia State Workforce Council
- The Board of Directors of the Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce
- The Board of Directors of Goodwill of Greater Washington
- The Board of Trustees of the Northern Virginia Technology Council Foundation
- The Board of the Human Resources Leadership Awards of Greater Washington (Co-Founding Chairman)
- The Northern Virginia Business Roundtable
- The Board of the DC Metro Tech Job Training Project (Chairman)
- The Board of Directors of Celebrate Fairfax, Inc.
- The Board of Directors of the Northern Virginia Regional Partnership
- The Board of Directors of the Northern Virginia Technology Council
- The Workforce Investment Board of Northern Virginia (Vice-Chairman)
- Community Advisory Board of the Superintendent for Fairfax County Public Schools
- The Board of Directors of Leadership Fairfax, Inc.
- Was the recipient of an ACE (Achieving Chamber Excellence) Award in July 2010, given by the Greater Reston Chamber of Commerce for his work as Co-Chair of the Chamber's Membership Committee
- Was awarded, with a team of winners, the American Society for Training and Development's Staff-Volunteer Partnership Award in 2010.
- was the Founding Co-Chairman of the Human Resources Leadership Awards of Greater Washington (www.hrleadership.org)
- was awarded "Committee Co-Chair of the Year" for the Reston Chamber of Commerce, 2001
- was awarded the "Torchbearer" award from Leadership Fairfax, Inc. as member of the year, 2000
- was awarded outstanding Small Business by the Fairfax County Small and Minority Business Advisory Council, 2000
- was awarded Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce "Member of the Year", 1998
- Was awarded Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce "Committee Co-Chair of the Year",1998
- was awarded Fairfax County Chamber of Commerce "Small Business of the Year", 1997